Here is a super easy and quick recipe that I made up that serves for a nice Italian appetizer or snack.
Hot Bruschetta Snacks
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 baguette loaf, sliced
- Thinly sliced mozzarella cheese, enough to put a slice on each piece of bread
- Garlic salt, pepper, basil
- toaster oven
- Slice the baguette into small, pretty thin pieces.
- Lay the sliced pieces of cheese onto the sliced bread.
- Top with about three chunks of canned tomato.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt, pepper, and basil to taste
- Place in toaster oven and cook 3-4 minutes at 350 degrees, until the edges of the cheese start to brown.
This is very cheap to make and I assure you that your friends will be impressed and will most likely copy you on some later date.
For a super duper fresh-er version, use juicy fresh roma tomatoes instead of canned ones. Also, I haven’t tried this yet but try adding some finely chopped garlic to the mix. Now that would be good!