Today, I am going to share with you the way that I make seared scallops. Scallops are super duper good for you and are filled with protein, omega-3, and vitamin B12. This recipe is really easy to do and it looks so good that it spruces up your dinner plate to fancy status.
- 10 large, fresh scallops
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Sea salt
- Lemon juice from 1 fresh lemon
- Mince up the garlic and set it aside. I hear that chopping garlic and letting it sit for a bit helps it to develop more flavor.
- Rinse the scallops with cold water and pat dry before laying them out on a plate.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a frying pan, make sure it gets nice and hot.
- Sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic to the pan,make SURE the oil is hot! Then add the scallops. Try to add the scallops to the pan at the same time, like tipping over the plate- so they all get the same, even amount of cooking.
- Set a timer for 3 minutes and let them cook. Turn them over and cook for another 3 more minutes. Each side should turn a nice golden brown. Timing is important!! Take my word for it – 3 minutes on each side is perfect. Scallops over-cook easily and turn into a rubbery texture.
- Serve the scallops on a plate, squeeze the lemon juice over them. Scrape the browned garlic pieces off of the pan and pour over the scallops. Lastly, sprinkle with a little bit of fresh parsley, if desired.