I am going to share with you an AMAZING side dish/appetizer made with zucchini! Its pretty easy to make, all you need is a BBQ grill and a little patience. I got the idea for these while stumbling for recipes on firefox. (If you don’t know what StumbleUpon is, you are missing out on great things. Get that add-on!) I couldn’t tell you which site I got it from but thank you whoever you are out there for giving me the idea!
- 2 large zucchinis
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt, pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Goat Cheese ( I like the flavored kind- like garlic and herb or sundried tomato and basil)
- Cut the zucchinis into long strips. Its easiest to cut off both ends and slice longways. Don’t make them too thin but also try not to make them too thick. You will be rolling these up later.
- Brush each slice with some olive oil and sprinkle with your seasonings.
- Grill the strips on the BBQ until they become soft and get those cool looking grill marks.
- Now here comes the patience part: Let them cool for a couple minutes, them spread the goat cheese on one side of each zucchini strip. You might want to have an extra prep plate handy when you spread them out.
- Then roll them up, cheese side in, and Voila!! Zucchini Rolls!
I ate these as a side dish, but these tasty rolls work good for an appetizer because you can generally eat them in one bite. try sticking a tooth pick through the side of each one for easy serving.