Ever feel like having a baked potato but you just don’t want to wait an hour while they cook in the oven and heat up your house until its unbearably hot? Ever feel like this:
Just in case you’re feeling lazy as you face this problem, here is a quick and easy way to make a super healthy microwaved potato, heaping with veggie goodness, in 15 minutes or less.
“Baked” Veggie Potatoes
- 2 Potatoes, washed
- Olive oil
- Plastic wrap
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- A handful of diced onions
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- Here is the part where you let your own creativity shine! Throw some other diced veggies in the mix- I used eggplant because it was in my fridge at the time, but I would have also used mushrooms and zucchini.
- Start by dicing up all of your veggies and saute them in a pan with some olive oil in it.
- Wash the potatoes, poke a couple holes in them with a fork, and then wrap them tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave those spuds for 5 minutes. (if you are only making one, nuke it for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes)
- When the potatoes are done, spread them open and top them with some shredded cheese, then the sauted veggies. Yum!
Note: Of course baking potatoes makes them taste much better, they can be a little dry if you use the microwave. But it’s quick and if you just add a little olive oil on top, it will fix it.