Ground turkey was on sale at the store, so I stocked up and made a meatloaf! It’s pretty tasty, pretty light and healthy, and really easy to make. This meal is perfect for busy people (like myself) because you just throw everything in a bowl, toss it in the oven and take care of other things while it bakes. I took a run in the park while I waited. (Gotta burn off some calories to make room for all the turkey I was about to eat!)The carrots I added give it just a little crunch and the chipotle pepper makes the flavor sooooo good. I must thank my co worker and friend Pepe for inspiring me to make a meatloaf and for the idea of using a chipotle pepper!
- 1 package of ground turkey (The pack I used was 1.25 pounds)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Half of a large yellow onion, diced
- A handful of diced carrots (Just eyeball as much as you want)
- 1 Tbs of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Some chopped fresh parsley and basil (dried works just as good!)
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 chipotle pepper, chopped into tiny pieces
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Olive Oil for cooking the onions and carrots
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Saute the onions and carrots in the olive oil for a few minutes.
Put everything listed above, except for the BBQ sauce, into a mixing bowl. Mix it all up with your hands or a large spoon, it mixes better and faster by using your hands, but that’s only if you wanna get down and dirty!
Shape it into a loaf and put it in a loaf sized pan, or in my case anything that’s small. Coat the top and sides with your BBQ sauce.
Bake it for about 1 hour, or until the internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
That’s it- I told ya it was easy!
Meat loaf sandwiches are great for leftovers the next day too! Oh how I ‘loaf’ meat loaf sandwiches! (No ‘bun’ intended!) HA! I’m on a roll!!