This little beauty was our dinner today. It’s pretty light but I really felt completely full and satisfied. There are endless possibilities of the ingredients you can put in lettuce wraps too. I have made them many times with things like chicken, beans, celery, cilantro, peanuts etc… But the following recipe happens to be my favorite way of making lettuce wraps. They were so tasty I feel like I can eat it every night!
Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- About a cup of diced, extra firm tofu
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- About half of a zucchini, cut into small pieces
- Your favorite BBQ or stir fry sauce
- (I used World Harbor Australian Style Sweet Ginger Bar-B Sauce)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Handful of chopped green onions
- About half a roma tomato, diced
- Handful of dry roasted, unsalted Almonds, chopped into small pieces
- Romaine lettuce leaves
Combine the chopped tofu, garlic, and zucchini in a pan and saute in a little olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper.
After a couple minutes, cover it with your sauce and stir every so often while it cooks.
Meanwhile, chop up your tomato, onions, and almonds. DON’T cook these.
When your tofu is done, put it in a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Top your Romaine lettuce leaves with the delicious mixture and eat it!
The almonds are my favorite part- they add just a little crunch to every bite. There is nothing better that dry roasted, unsalted almonds. If you haven’t tried them- Try them! You will never go back to the salty, greasy kind of nuts. Hope you enjoy!