Spring is here, baseball season is here… it’s time to invite some friends over and party! What better way to party than with a giant plate of chicken wings? Forget those frozen, out of the bag, heat and eat wings! The right way to eat them is fresh! These wings are marinated, and then broiled to a crisp perfection. Enjoy.
Chicken wings are not usually my favorite food because they tend to be a little greasy and spicy, but I actually really liked these! I made these wings pictured above for my Super Bowl party a little while back. I set out some blue cheese and BBQ sauce for dipping- but no one touched it! They liked the flavor of the wings by themselves. Now that’s something… And now, the recipe:
Broiled Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings (about 20 -25 or so-depending on your party size)
- 1/4 cup soy Sauce
- About 1 tbs of honey
- 1 tbs fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh ground pepper
- handful of chopped green onions
- Garlic powder
- About 2 tbs of olive oil
I honestly don’t exactly measure my ingredients- I just throw what ever amount I feel looks good into the bag. The above amounts above are generally what they should be- but use your instinct- it usually works out!
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a plastic zipper bag or large glass bowl.
- Shake it around, make sure it all mixes, and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Line a broiler pan (or cookie sheet) with foil and cook the wings in the broiler
- Cook for 10 minutes, then turn them over and cook for another 10, then rotate and cook for another 5-8 minutes until crispy. (for a total of about 25 minutes)
- Grab some friends and some beer and enjoy!