I have been so busy this past week, I haven’t had any time to cook! I am one of those people who plans what they are going to cook the next day as I lie in bed at night and I look forward to my relaxing evening in the kitchen after work. Well that has been missing from my life this week so I think must make something really crazy this weekend to make up for it!
Until then, I have a recipe for you of a little something I quickly threw together this morning for my lunch. I just mixed a few things that I had sitting in my fridge, and it actually turned out really good! It’s a weird dish and the picture isn’t super great (I took them at my office desk!), but it’s definitely worth a try because it’s soooo yummy!
Soup + Couscous
- 3/4 cup wheat couscous (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Link of apple chicken sausage (from Trader Joes)
- About a handful of some chopped onions and yellow pepper
- 1 cup of soup: (the soup that comes in a carton) I used some of my leftover cashew carrot ginger soup.
- The carrot soup I used is really good, but I think butternut squash, or roasted red pepper soup or another thick soup will work just as well
- Olive oil
Put the couscous and water into a microwave safe dish and nuke it for 3 minutes, fluff with a fork when it’s done.
Meanwhile, chop up the pepper, onion and chicken sausage and saute them in some olive oil.
Throw everything, including the soup, into a container, stir, then pack it up and reheat later for your lunch.
Everyone at the office will envy your meal because it smells so good!
If you threw some chopped up cashews over the top it would be even more amazing!