Get ready for the best grilled cheese, OF YOUR LIFE! Well maybe… I hear that grilled cheese are all the rage now-a-days. I’ve gotta try some out at one of the new restaurants someday soon. The recipe below is REALLY good though, so you have to try this one out.
I got the idea from a blog called Closet Cooking. I pretty much drooled all over my keyboard as I saw the pictures on that blog. I saw the basil and cheese sitting in my fridge one day and I had to try it. My recipe I threw together is a little more simplified and I take out the butter to lessen the fat. Enjoy
Grilled Cheese with Pesto
- Honey wheat Bushman bread- the extra dark kind (any kind of bread will do)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Olive oil- the spray kind
- Fresh basil leaves (a large handful)
- Olive oil
- About 3-4 garlic cloves
- Fresh Ground pepper
- Throw the basil, garlic, pepper and olive oil into a food processor or blender.
- Add enough olive oil to make it ‘saucey’, if you will, so the basil and garlic stay together.
- The longer you blend it, the more fine the pieces get. I like mine a little chunky.
- Spread the pest on on the bread along with your desired amount of cheese.
- Spray the outsides of the bread with the olive oil (or use butter, if your heart so desires)
- Grill the sandwich on each side until browned and the cheese is all melty.
Enjoy the bliss your taste buds will experience.