Happy Pesto Week! Well… I don’t think this week is officially dedicated to pesto, but I think it should be.
This pesto turkey burger can be served with or without bread. Put it on a wheat bun with some lettuce and tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese for an amazing burger; or you can just eat it by it self. It’ll give you a good serving of protein, and without the bread it can be a delicious low-carb option.
I am all about the ‘make-it-up-as-you-go’ kind of recipes… This is one of them. I threw this together at the same time I was making my pesto grilled cheese. So there are no exact measurements in the recipe below!
Doesn’t this picture make you drool? I am proud of this one
Pesto Turkey Burger
- Turkey patty:
- Ground turkey
- A couple cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh Ground pepper and any other seasoning you like to use
- Fresh basil leaves (a large handful)
- Olive oil
- About 3-4 garlic cloves
- Fresh Ground pepper
- Mix the minced garlic, pepper and seasonings into the ground turkey and shape into burger size rounds.
- Pan fry both sides the turkey burger on the stove-top until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, throw the basil, garlic, pepper and olive oil into a food processor or blender.
- Add enough olive oil to make it ‘saucey’, so the basil and garlic stay together.
- The longer you blend it, the more fine the pieces get, I like mine a little chunky (pictured above)
- Top your burger with the finished Pesto and enjoy!
- Like I said, eat it plain or put it on a bun with some toppings!
Pesto makes everything taste amazing… hmmm what other things do you suggest to top with pesto?