I really enjoy cooking and eating vegetarian food. Cooking different kinds of vegetarian foods have lead me to grow a liking for tofu. I haven’t really explored too many possibilities with tofu… I usually make the same old pan-grilled tofu slices with soy sauce- good, but boring. So I started to explore new ideas and I ran across tastykitchen.com and saw a recipe for tofu meatballs! I decided to give it a try and after making a few changes of my own to the original recipe, I had a delicious and not-so-boring vegetarian meal for dinner!
This recipe is very easy to make- especially if you have a food processor. I have only had my food processor for a few months now and I use it SO much, I don’t know how I survived with out it! It’s so convenient to make a quick dip or sauce, or in this case- tofu balls. Cleaning up isn’t too bad either, as long as I rinse it the very second I finish using it… You don’t have to have a food processor for this recipe though, it can also be made by hand-mixing.
Makes about 20 meatballs
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
- 1 Package extra firm tofu
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried of fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoons Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Blend all the ingredients together using a food processor (or hand mix them really well in a large bowl).
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the meatballs 15 minutes through.
- Serve the tofu balls with pasta, or by themselves in tomato sauce.