These Raw Peanut Butter and Oat Bites are a perfect energy snack! I’ve made these three times now and they are a huge hit with the boyfriend. Reason number 1: they taste like peanut butter. Reason number 2: they require no effort on his part; his favorite kind of food is the kind he can just pick up and eat.
I’ll usually make these on a Sunday night so that we can have snacks for the rest of the work week. It takes about 30 minutes to make (including clean up time) but I think it’s worth it because store-bought peanut butter bars can be expensive and filled with preservatives and sugar. This recipe makes about 10 small bars.
Raw Peanut Butter Oat Bites
- 1 Cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ Cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tablespoon chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- ½ Cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ Cup honey
- Start by running the oats through a food processor or blender until the oats are finely chopped (you can skip this step but the bars tend to hold together better when the oats are in smaller pieces).
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until sticky.
- With your hands, form the mixture into small balls, then flatten them so they make a cookie shape.
- Store them in the refrigerator – they last longer and hold together better when cold.