Yesterday was the first day of Fall… I can’t wait to start using my oven again to bake all kinds of food and warm up my house! But it looks like I’ve got to wait a little longer because apparently in Southern California the first day of Fall actually means “time-for-the-weather-to-get-hotter-than-any-day-in-the-past-summer. Oh well. I’ll just continue to use the barbecue and stove-top to make dinner and just lounge by the pool when I can 😉
I threw this meal together the other day as sort of an experiment. I wanted to use the rest of my ground turkey but felt like something different. This recipe was the result and it is so simple to make and completely Paleo! If you’re looking for a meal that is low-carb, filling, and good for you, here it is:
Sweet Potato and Turkey Hash
- 2 Medium size yams
- 1 Red pepper
- 1/2 Pound ground turkey
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Slice and dice the sweet potatoes, red pepper and onion.
- Heat up about 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the ground turkey meat and the diced veggies to the pan.
- Season with salt, pepper and the fresh thyme.
- Saute and stir occasionally until the turkey is fully cooked and the potatoes are soft (about 10-15 minutes).